Monday, October 25, 2010

My new friend

My newest kitchen gadget is a panini press! I love this idea for the family, everyone can pick their own sandwich concoction and have a yummy crispy delight. I chose Tomato Basil Mozzerella on Sourdough. YUM.

Ingredients:
Sourdough (or any sliced bread)
Tomato
Fresh Basil
Mozzerella
Pepper
Olive Oil

Directions:
Preheat panini press. Brush outside of both pieces of bread with olive oil. Place tomato slice, a few basil leaves and mozzerella inside. Add a dash of ground black pepper and top with reaming piece of bread. Cook until crisp, about 3 minutes. Serve with sweet potato fries!

My kids eat meat (occasionally) and like their paninis to be turkey & cheddar with honey mustard while my husband's favorite is hummus and veggies with jalapeno cheddar. Anything goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment