Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Apple-Cranberry Pine Nut Stuffing

This is my second year making this variety of stuffing. After accidentally asking my Mom if she had my recipe for Cranberry Pine Nuts (I neglected to mention it was Stuffing) oops! I looked high and low and made up my own recipe. It turned out great, since I am NOT cooking this in a bird, the apples kept it nice and moist! Another Thanksgiving winner!

Ingredients:
1/3 cup Pine Nuts
4 cups Bread Cubes
1/3 cup Cranberries
1/4 cup Butter
1 Granny Smith Apple
1/2 cup Celery - chopped
1 cup Onion - diced
1/8 cup fresh Parsley
1/2 cup Vegetable Broth
1/2 tsp Poultry Seasoning
1/4 tsp Thyme
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Toast pine nuts. Melt butter over medium heat, add in onion,celery and parsley and saute 5 minutes. Add chopped apples (and cranberries if using fresh) for another 2 minutes. Toss with dried cranberries, spices and bread cubes (use purchased stuffing cubes or create your own). Pour broth over stuffing and mix well. Spray a square baking dish with oil, and pack in the stuffing. Bake 45 minutes. Cover with foil if necessary during or after baking. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment